PRODUCT MANAGEMENT BULLETIN: PM–21-022
United States Department of Agriculture
Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services
Risk Management Agency
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-0801
All Risk Management Agency Field Offices
All Other Interested Parties
The Risk Management Agency is making clarifications to the Hybrid Vegetable Seed crop insurance program for the 2022 crop year to address approved insurance provider (AIP) and producer questions. The program was privately developed in accordance with section 508(h) of the Federal Crop Insurance Act.
The following changes are applicable for the 2022 and succeeding crop years:
- Clarified the “Minimum guaranteed payment” will be the highest payment amount stated in the processor contract if the contract payment amounts increase based on the insured crop’s development.
- Modified stand reduction procedures to determine reduced yield potential due to male and female stand reduction.
The following documents will be available by close of business today on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov:
- Hybrid Vegetable Seed Crop Provisions (22-HVS-0066)
- Hybrid Vegetable Seed Loss Adjustment Standards Handbook (FCIC-20500U-1)
- Hybrid Vegetable Seed Crop Insurance Standards Handbook (FCIC-20500L-2)
AIPs must notify policyholders of these changes at least 30 days prior to the cancellation date, as required by the policy.
Interested producers should contact a crop insurance agent for further information. A list of agents can be found on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov/en/Information-Tools/Agent-Locator-Page.
DISPOSAL DATE: December 31, 2021