PRODUCT MANAGEMENT BULLETIN: PM–21-047
United States Department of Agriculture
Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services
Risk Management Agency
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-0801
All Risk Management Agency Field Offices
All Other Interested Parties
The Federal Crop Insurance Corporation’s (FCIC) Board of Directors approved changes to the ARH Sweet and Tart Cherry Pilot Programs on May 21, 2021.
The following changes are applicable for the 2022 and succeeding crop years:
- Extend the end of insurance for revenue losses from January 15 to March 1 to accommodate producers in Michigan, New York, and Wisconsin who may not have sold their production by the current end of insurance to help ensure producers may use their actual price when determining claims;
- Recognize sweet cherries in Michigan as a distinct processing type that often receives a higher price than briner and other processing types which provides more accurate coverage for canner types of processing; and
- Expand coverage by allowing written agreement requests for tart cherries in Canyon County, Idaho; Yamhill County, Oregon; and Walla Walla County, Washington.
The following documents will be available by close of business today on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov:
- Actual Revenue History Sweet Cherry Pilot Crop Provisions (22-0057-Sweet)
- Actual Revenue History (ARH) Sweet Cherry Pilot Insurance Standards Handbook (FCIC 24190)
- Actual Revenue History (ARH) Sweet Cherry Pilot Loss Adjustment Standards Handbook (FCIC 25670-1H)
- Actual Revenue History Tart Cherry Pilot Crop Provisions (22-0057-Tart)
- Actual Revenue History (ARH) Tart Cherry for Processing Pilot Program Insurance Standards Handbook (FCIC 24330)
- Actual Revenue History (ARH) Tart Cherry for Processing Pilot Program Loss Adjustment Standards Handbook (FCIC 25900-2H)
Approved Insurance Providers must notify policyholders of these changes at least 30 days prior to the cancellation date, as required by the policy.
Interested producers should contact a crop insurance agent for further information. A list of agents can be found on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov/en/Information-Tools/Agent-Locator-Page.
December 31, 2021