PRODUCT MANAGEMENT BULLETIN: PM–21-048
United States Department of Agriculture
Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services
Risk Management Agency
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-0801
All Risk Management Agency Field Offices
All Other Interested Parties
The Federal Crop Insurance Corporation’s (FCIC) Board of Directors approved changes to the APH Florida Citrus Fruit Crop Insurance Program, under Section 508(h) of the Federal Crop Insurance Act, on May 21, 2021.
The following changes are applicable for the 2023 and succeeding crop years:
- Expand coverage for lemons to Highlands and Charlotte counties in Florida;
- Move the deadline for a revised acreage report and the date insurance attaches following a revised acreage report from March 1 to May 15 in order to allow additional time for ownership and lease changes;
- Remove the acreage limitation for contract pricing (producers with both contracted and non-contracted production will have the ability to use a weighted average price for their production);
- Allow state required detailed trip tickets to be considered as acceptable production records; and
- Provide quality adjustment for low juice content due to an insurable cause of loss to fruit production insured as fresh but sold as juice. This will make the policy more consistent with the Florida Citrus Fruit Dollar Plan, providing for an easier transition from the Dollar Plan to the APH plan.
The following documents will be available by close of business today on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov:
- Florida Citrus Fruit Crop Provisions Actual Production History (23-FCF)
- Actual Production History Florida Citrus Fruit Crop Insurance Standards Handbook (FCIC-20650U)
- Actual Production History Florida Citrus Fruit Loss Adjustment Standards Handbook (FCIC-20650L)
Approved Insurance Providers must notify policyholders of these changes at least 30 days prior to the cancellation date, as required by the policy.
Interested producers should contact a crop insurance agent for further information. A list of agents can be found on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov/en/Information-Tools/Agent-Locator-Page.
December 31, 2021