State of Crop Insurance
A stronger and more diverse federal crop insurance program has provided America’s diverse agricultural producers and rural communities with a reliable farm safety net that keeps the economy strong even after severe weather destroys crops. The Risk Management Agency has expanded options and availability over the past seven years, focusing on improved options for small and diverse farm operations, organic producers, beginning farmers and ranchers, and those struggling with years of repeated drought and providing the protections they need to continue farming.
To receive daily email updates from RMA or weekly Summary of Business Reports, please subscribe to RMA’s GovDelivery subscription service.
- Press Releases
- USDA Builds on Record of Crop Insurance Success for Americas Farmers and Ranchers
- USDA Expands Insurance Options for Farmers Transitioning to Certified Organic Agriculture
- USDA Expands Crop Insurance Options for Producers of Vegetables, Other Crops
- USDA Expands Farm Safety Net, Offers Greater Flexibility for Beginning, Organic and Fruit and Vegetable Growers
- USDA Expands Forage Crop Insurance Option Nationwide for Livestock Producers
- USDA Broadens Crop Insurance Options for Fruit and Nut Producers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Fact Sheets