PRODUCT MANAGEMENT BULLETIN: PM–20-083
United States Department of Agriculture
Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services
Risk Management Agency
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-0801
All Risk Management Agency Field Offices
All Other Interested Parties
The Risk Management Agency revised the Silage Sorghum Pilot Endorsement for the 2021 and succeeding crop years. Changes include:
- Updated references to the Coarse Grains Crop Provisions;
- Replaced outdated terms with those consistent with the actuarial documents;
- Revised the deadline for providing a contract to the acreage reporting date instead of the final planting date to be consistent with other crops for which the contract price may be used as the price election;
- Clarified that all acreage in the county in which the insured has a share must be covered under the silage sorghum purchase contract in order to use the contract price as the price election; and
- Updated loss examples with current prices and simplified the computations.
The following documents will be available by close of business today on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov.
- Silage Sorghum Pilot Endorsement (21-0059)
- Silage Sorghum Pilot Loss Adjustment Standards Handbook (25840-1H)
Approved insurance providers must notify policyholders of these changes at least 30 days prior to the cancellation date, as required by the policy.
Interested producers should contact a crop insurance agent for further information. A list of agents can be found on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov/Information-Tools/Agent-Locator-Page.
December 31, 2021