PRODUCT MANAGEMENT BULLETIN: PM–21-032
United States Department of Agriculture
Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services
Risk Management Agency
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-0801
All Risk Management Agency Field Offices
All Other Interested Parties
The Federal Crop Insurance Corporation (FCIC) amended the Dry Bean and Dry Pea Crop Provisions for the 2022 and succeeding crop years, with the following changes:
- Allowed enterprise unit division by type for producers to be indemnified separately by type.
- Allowed Dry Bean “Types” to include crops that are insured by written agreement.
- Clarified which Dry Pea sales closing date applies in dual counties when (insurable) fall planted acreage exists.
A Final Rule with these changes was published in the Federal Register on June 24, 2021. The FCIC invites you to submit comments on this rule through the close of business on August 23, 2021, at regulations.gov.
The following documents will be available by close of business today on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov:
- Dry Bean Crop Provisions (22-0047)
- Dry Pea Crop Provisions (22-0067)
Approved insurance providers must notify policyholders of these changes at least 30 days prior to the cancellation date, as required by the policy.
Interested producers should contact a crop insurance agent for further information. A list of agents can be found on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov/en/Information-Tools/Agent-Locator-Page.
December 31, 2021