PRODUCT MANAGEMENT BULLETIN: PM–21-051
United States Department of Agriculture
Farm and Foreign Agricultural Services
Risk Management Agency
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-0801
All Risk Management Agency Field Offices
All Other Interested Parties
On August 25, 2021, the Federal Crop Insurance Corporation Board of Directors approved the following changes to the Apiculture (API) and Pasture, Rangeland, Forage (PRF) crop insurance programs for the 2022 crop year.
- Modify the sales closing date, API colony reporting date, PRF acreage reporting date, termination date, and cancellation date from November 15 to December 1;
- Allow the Farm Service Agency’s (FSA) form FSA-578 to be used in conjunction with other documentation in determining shares;
- Revise the definition of “veteran farmer or rancher” to allow a legal entity, comprised only of the veteran and their spouse, to qualify as a veteran farmer or rancher when a qualifying veteran has a non-veteran spouse;
- Allow a producer to report acreage as certified organic, or as acreage in transition to certified organic, when the producer has requested an organic certification by the acreage reporting date; and
- Clarify the responsibility is on the producer to start dispute resolution through arbitration when the producer disagrees with an approved insurance provider determination.
The following materials will be available by close of business today on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov/Policy-and-Procedure/Insurance-Plans/Rainfall-Index:
- Rainfall Index Plan Common Policy (22-RI)
- Pasture, Rangeland, Forage Crop Provisions (22-RI-PRF)
- Apiculture Crop Provisions (22-RI-API)
- Rainfall Index Insurance Standards Handbook (FCIC-18150)
Approved insurance providers must notify policyholders of these changes at least 30 days prior to the cancellation date, as required by the policy.
Interested producers should contact a crop insurance agent for further information. A list of agents can be found on the RMA website at www.rma.usda.gov/Information-Tools/Agent-Locator-Page.
Questions regarding these modifications may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
December 31, 2021