Minnesota Actuarial Updates 2019
11/30 MN Crops/Programs: Combo Barley, APH Buckwheat, Combo Canola, Combo/ARP/AYP Corn, Combo Dry Beans, APH Dry Peas, APH Flax, Dollar Forage Seeding, APH Green Peas, YBD Hybrid Corn Seed, APH Oats, ARPI/AYP Popcorn, APH Potatoes, APH Processing Beans, Combo/ARP/AYP Soybeans, APH Sugar Beets, Combo Sunflowers, APH Sweet Corn, Combo/ARP/AYP Wheat
COUNTY CROP EXPANSION:
- Sugar beets expanded into Cottonwood and Watonwan counties.
- Dry beans expanded into Freeborn, Isanti, Rice, Roseau, Scott, Steele, and Waseca counties.
- Dry peas expanded into Becker, Cass, Clay, Hubbard, Mahnomen, Marshall, Otter Tail, Pennington, Polk, Red Lake, Sherburne, Stearns, Todd, and Wadena counties.
- Soybeans expanded into Itasca County.
- Barley expanded into Mower County.
PROGRAM DELETIONS: None
- Final Planting Date reviews completed for canola, dry peas, potatoes, and sunflowers. No changes were made.
- Production Reporting Dates entered into Information Browser.
- Rate reviews completed with new target rates established for canola, dry peas, forage seeding, potatoes, and sunflowers.
- Some rates for other crops may have changed due to rates moving toward previously established target rates.
STATEMENTS: No changes.
- Added Black dry beans to Benton, Brown, and Wright counties.
- Added the non-irrigated practice to Dark Red Kidney dry beans in Douglas, Morrison, Pennington, Red Lake, Todd, and Wadena counties.
- Added the non-irrigated practice to Light Red Kidney dry beans in Morrison, Pennington, Red Lake, Todd, and Wadena counties.
- T-yields reviewed and updated for canola, dry peas, potatoes, and sunflowers.
- Sub-county T-yields updated in Roseau County.
- Actuarial map boundaries updated in Goodhue, Redwood, and Renville counties.
- Updated URA map area and added T-yield map area in Roseau County.
- Added Multi-County Enterprise Unit option for barley, canola, corn, sunflowers, soybeans and wheat.
- Dry beans: Prevented Planting coverage level changed from 60 percent to 50 percent.
- Processing sweet corn: Prevented Planting coverage level changed from 40 percent to 60 percent.
- Potatoes: Prevented Planting coverage level changed from 25 percent to 45 percent.
- Sugar Beets: Changed unit of measure from tons to lbs.
- Oats: 2017 added as eligible Yield Exclusion year in Carver, Dakota, Dodge, Goodhue, Hennepin, Houston, Le Sueur, Lincoln, Lyon, Murray, Pipestone, Redwood, Rice, Scott, Sibley, Steele, Waseca, Winona, and Yellow Medicine counties.
- Barley: 2017 added as eligible Yield Exclusion year in Cass, Douglas, Morrison, Otter Tail, Stearns, Todd, and Wadena counties.
- Sunflowers: 2017 added as eligible Yield Exclusion year in Big Stone, Grant, Stevens, Traverse, and Wilkin counties.
- The Supplemental Coverage Option (SCO) and Yield Exclusion (YE) option availability and updates can be tracked on the following link will show all counties and crops with SCO and YE eligible years: public-rma.fpac.usda.gov/apps/MapViewer/index.html
NOTE: This is not an official document. December 6, 2018